I woke up this morning totally craving pancakes. I haven’t had pancakes in a long time! I honestly can’t even remember the last time I had them. Definitely not since going gluten free, so I knew I’d have a sort of challenge. I’ve also been trying to make sure I get protein at every meal, so I added some protein powder in. These pancakes are fluffy and delicious. I honestly couldn’t tell they were vegan or gluten free! I added chocolate chips, because I’m 5 and they’re my favorite, haha!
These pancakes are super easy to make and have only a few ingredients! You don’t have to add chocolate chips, you can omit them completely. You can also have fun adding in things like sliced banana, blueberries or coconut flakes. Have fun!
Vegan & Gluten Free Protein Pancakes
These vegan pancakes are also gluten-free, and are packed with protein so you can start your day right!
- 1 cup gluten free all-purpose flour*
- ¼ cup Vega Vanilla Protein Powder**
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tablespoon pure maple syrup (taste and add more if desired)
- 1 cup vanilla almond or soy milk + more as needed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Optional add-ins: chocolate chips, coconut, fruit, etc. Get creative!
*I personally use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour. It’s vegan and gluten free, and I feel it’s the closest to regular flour. It works well in every recipe I’ve tried it in, so I highly recommend it!
** I use Vega Essentials Shake. It not only has 20g of protein, it also contains tons of other vitamins and daily essentials. It’s a great way to make sure you’re getting a good amount of nutrition.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the maple syrup and any add-ins, then slowly add the milk, mixing until “just mixed.” It should be a little lumpy and quite thick. Add a little extra milk if needed.
- Cook in a hot pan that has been greased with coconut oil, until bubbles appear in the center of each pancake. Flip and cook for a few more minutes.