I’ve been suffering from some type of stomach bug the past few days. I finally felt like eating something, and knew I wanted something easy on my stomach but also nutritious. I was in the mood for oatmeal, and decided to make something with pineapples.
Why pineapple? Pineapple has a digestive enzyme called bromelain, which is a mixture of proteolytic enzymes. These enzymes work together to help your digestive system break down and absorb proteins from the foods you eat. Additionally, bromelain from pineapple can help relieve stomach aches, heartburn and diarrhea. Definitely great for my stomach issues!
This oatmeal not only has pineapples, but gluten-free rolled oats, chia seeds and coconut. It’s tropical and creamy – you won’t believe this is dairy free! I used a mix of soy and coconut milk, to make it tasty and creamy.
Below is an easy printable recipe for you. I love oatmeal in the winter! What is your favorite oatmeal recipe?
This creamy oatmeal is topped with juicy pineapple, it's the perfect vegan & gluten-free breakfast for everyone.!
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1¼ cups vanilla soy or almond milk
- 1 cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup pineapple, chopped
- ¼ cup coconut flakes
- In a medium saucepan, add oats and both milks. Turn heat to high; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer, stir, and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the agave, chia seeds, vanilla, and salt. Stir until well combined. Cook until the oatmeal is your desired consistency, about 2-3 more minutes. Divide into two bowls.
- Top each bowl with half of the pineapple chunks, half of the coconut flakes, and any other desired toppings.